Then you are going to LOVE this! 🍍💛
Did you know that pineapples are super stars in the skin care world? In fact, there is not much that they can't fix when it comes to skin. Here is a list of some of their greatest hits.
Pineapple is a perfect all-natural exfoliator, as it is high in AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids). These help to exfoliate dead skin cells, leaving the skin underneath brighter and more radiant. AHAs help loosen dead skin cells, decongest pores, and smooth surface texture.
Regular exfoliation thanks to previously mentioned AHAs helps promote the turnover of new skin cells, thus having an anti-aging effect. Pineapple is also rich in asorbic acid, which is a key player in slowing down the aging process. It's loaded with antioxidants, which fight skin-damaging and wrinkle-causing free radicals.
Pineapples contain an enzyme called bromelain, that reduces chronic inflammation. Since acne is caused by inflammation, and shows up more distinctly on inflammed skin, drinking pineapple juice regularly can help one obtain a clearer complexion.
Fade Dark Spots
Asorbic acid found in pineapple helps to fade scars and dark spots by promoting cell turnover. You can reveal brighter, more radiant skin by using pineapple enzymes regularly.
Cure Warts and Moles
There is some evidence that applying pineapple straight to the skin can get rid of warts and moles. Pineapple juice is acidic, so don't try this without a dermatologist blessing!
Vitamins found in pineapple are vitamin A (retinol is derived from this), vitamin C (hello radiant, bright skin), beta-caritene, thiamin, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, and folate (good from strong nails and hair). Minerals found in this fruit are potassium, copper, manganese, calcium, sodium, and magnesium.
7 Products We Love That Contain 🍍
1. Glow Recipes "Pineapple-C Bright Serum"
Treats hyperpigmentation, creating a more even skin tone and a natural glow.
2. Drunk Elephant "B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum"
Pineapple ceramides help boost luminosity and improve the appearence of skin tone and texture.
3. One Love Organics "Brand New Day Microderma Scrub and Masque"
Comes as a powder, so you can mix it into your cleanser to make a physical and chemical exfoliation, or mix it into a mask and keep it on for 20 minutes.
4. Karuna "Exfoliating Treatment Mask"
Includes peptides to plump and hylauronic acid to hydrate.
5. Elemis "Papaya Enzyme Peel"
Also features bladderwrack, which is great for hydration.
6. Kate Somerville "ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment"
Full of pineapple, pumpkin, AND papaya enzymes.
7. Eminence "Citrus Enzyme Lip Exfoliator"
Pineapple enzymes remove appearance of dryness and fine lines around the lip.
For a quick and hydrating at home mask
Use max once a month. Pineapple in this state is very acidic.
4 fresh pineapple slices
2 tbsp coconut milk
1. Put ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Apply the paste to your face
3. Allow to dry for 5 minutes
4. Wash off with lukewarm water
5. Pat dry. Yes, you read that right...instead of drying face with towel, we love to lightly tap and pat the skin until it is damp. Not soaking wet and not dry. Your serum will be absorbed much better on damp skin.
6. Apply serum, moisturizer, and oil or sunscreen.