Joining the Araya club means you'll receive exclusive specials, skin care tips & tricks, and videos on anti-aging facial massages! Your future self will thank you!
To start you off, here is a list of our top 5 anti-aging hacks, brought to you by co-founder and medical esthetician, Cora.
1. Eat foods high in omegas and antioxidants (dark leafy greens, berries, watercrest, salmon, and avocados) to reduce puffiness and to smooth fine lines and wrinkles. Avoid foods that cause inflammation (sugar, gluten, red meat, and dairy), as they lead to collagen breakdown and a loss of elasticity. I love Dr. Perricone's 3 Day Diet if I want a quick food-induced "face lift."
2. Exfoliate regularly (3-5 times a week). Use the right acid for your skin type (lactic for dry skin, salicylic for acneic skin, glycolic for sensitive skin, and retinol for mature skin.) This will slough off dead skin cells and make your skin look more radiant. Remember to follow any exfoliation with a serum full of antioxidants. This will give your skin the materials it needs to rebuild new cells. Think of it like an after-work out protein shake! I love this one by Hylunia, as they are committed to quality, cruelty-free, medical-grade ingredients.
3. Probiotics! Did you know that your skin health is strongly linked to gut health? Ingredients that help to heal the gut lead to beautiful, glowing skin! I add a probiotic to my diet, plus digestive enzymes, and see such amazing result on my skin. You can try a DIY face mask by breaking open the capsule and adding it to coconut yogurt (more kitchen cabinet facials to come in future emails 😜.)
4. Ice roller your face. Inflammation leads to collagen breakdown, which leads to aging, and ice rolling is a great way to tighten up the skin and take down any inflammation. I love to do this in the morning, as my face is often puffy from a night of sleeping. If you are a side, or God-forbid tummy sleeper, you'll really want to add this into your routine. I love this one because it stays cool longer, has a great travel bag, and looks so chic, but any roller will do.
5. Facial massage. Just 2-5 minutes of facial massage every day will have an immense impact on the look and longevity of your skin. Just slap on your moisturizer and get the blood flowing and oxygen circulating. Not sure what to do? Check out our instagram for a weekly Saturday Skin Gym video that you can follow along with.
6. Bonus tip: shield yourself from the sun! In a study published by the National Institution of Health, UV radiation was shown to be the cause of 80% of wrinkles. 😱 UVA rays cause premature aging, which manifests as a weakening and breakdown of proteins elastin and collagen, making the skin sag and stiffen. You can prevent UV damage by wearing a sun shield that is rated UPF 50+.